Stakeholders of the Former ruling Unity Party have elected a new breed of officials to steer the affairs of the party. The Unity Party National convention was held on Thursday, July 28, 2022, at the Gbarnga City Hall in Gbarnga City Bong County.
Those elected at the 2022 National Convention are: Rev. Luther Tarpeh, Nation Chairman accumulated 184 votes, Amos Tweh National General Secretary accumulated 169 votes, and former Bong County superintendent Selena Mappy won with a huge margin defeating Josephine George Francis for the Women’s Congress Chairperson position, Throway Bryant vice Chairperson and Recruitment for mobilization.
Others are Emmanuel Farr Deputy General Secretary for Administration and Cornelius Krah Togba Vice-chair for Inter-party Affairs.
Meanwhile, the Standard Bearer of the Unity Party Joseph N. Boakai won on white billot while the election for National youth Congress of the Party has been deferred to an undisclosed date.
In a related development, the outgoing National Chairman Amin Modi and the outgoing National Secretary General Moi Ali has both congratulated winners in the just ended 2022 UP, National Convention.
Amin Modi accumulated 131 votes while Moi Ali accumulated 149, the defeated candidates appreciated their supporters and called on them to remain focused as they prepared for 2023. The total number of delegates who participated in the 2022 National Convention was 337 some of whom have already arrived in Montserrado County.
The full list of leaders elected:
1 Jospeh Nyuma Boakai Standard Bearer
2. J. Luther Tarpeh National Chairman
3. Dabah M. Varpilah National Vice Chairman for Administration
4. Ben A. Fofana Vice-Chair/Governmental & International Relations
5. Cornelia K. Togba Vice-Chair/Inter-Party Relation& NEC Affairs
6. Whroway Bryant Vice-Chair for Mobilization, Membership/ Recruitment
7. Amos B. Tweh National Secretary General
8. Christian K. Cooper Deputy National Secretary General for Administration
9. James K. Yolei Deputy National Secretary General for Training, & Research
10. Edmund Ford Forh National Treasurer
NATIONAL YOUTH CONGRESS
1. Collins Tamba National Vice-Chair for Mobilization, Membership& Recruitment
2. Evans B. Tuku
National Secretary General
3. Emmanuel K. Farr Deputy National Secretary-General for Administration
4. Chris Pokan Deputy National Secretary General for Training & Research
5. Semedora W. Kuitay Treasurer
NATIONAL WOMEN CONGRESS
1. Selena P. Mappy National Vice Chairman
2. Patience Randall National Vice Chairman for Administration
3. Frances W. Wright National Vice Chairman for Mobilization, Membership& Recruitment
4. Gayduo Zayzay National Secretary General
5. Isabel C. Wesseh Deputy National Secretary General for Administration
6. Nenneh K. Chieyoe Deputy National Secretary for Training & Research
7. Valerie Williams -Treasurer
Reported by: Joseph N. Kerkula