The Liberia National Fire and Rescue Service has officially released the recent fire incident report that occurred at the residence of the Unity Party’s newly elected Chairman Rev. Luther Tarpeh.
According to the final report which was read by the Director of the entity Alex K. Dickson, the fire was derived From a substandard extension coil that was overheated by the electric power in the Living room and later transform into uncomfortable smoke that led to the disaster.
The fire service boss challenged any international fire experts that will investigate and give contrary views to the position of the Liberia National Fire and Rescue Service report.
He at the same time called on citizens to trust the Liberia National Fire and Rescue Service for quick response in terms of fire outbreaks across the country.
Director Dixson mention that citizens are in the constant habit of threatening and damaging fire Service equipment whenever there is a fire outbreak in some Communities when members of the team arrived late at times. He described the situation as unfortunate and noted that firefighters are sustaining injury on a daily basis just to save life and prosperities.
The Fire Chief stressed the need for more logistics for the entity to operate smoothly. He however expressed gratitude to the government of Liberia and developing partners for the level of support given to the LNFS.
The full report was released on Friday, August 26, 2022, at the Ministry of Information Cultural Affairs and Tourism MICAT special press briefing in Monrovia.
Reported by:Joseph N. Kerkula