Judge Blamo Dixon of Criminal Court ‘C’ has characterized the payment of compensation at the judiciary as erratic and painful, acknowledging the need for remuneration at the third branch of government. The Judge stated, among other things, that the situation has become increasingly absurd and terrible to the point where their incentives have waned. He also urged the Chief Justice of Liberia, Her Honor Sie-A- Nyeneh Yuoh, to reinstate their professional objectives so that honest justice could be administered without fear or favor.
“Despite the fact that the situation has recently become absurd and worse, we still hope that you, Chief Justice Yuoh, will help us maintain our high levels of motivation at work.”
Judge Blamo Dixon asserted that the minister of finance and development planning had gravely breached the financial autonomy statute of the Judiciary when delivering the Judges’ Charge at the opening of Criminal court A, B, and C on November in terms of court. According to Judge Dixon, they must work for sixty days in order to earn one month’s compensation, which is split into two payments: 20% in forty-five days (45) and the remaining 80% in sixty days.
“We are working for 60 days to get paid for one month.”
According to him, if he encounters criticism from the press or anyone else, he is ready to defend the charge being read in court. The remarks were made by Judge Dixon on Monday, November 14, 2022, at the start of criminal Courts A, B, and C’s formal opening.
For her part, Chief Justice Sie-A-Nyene Yuoh of Liberia asked all judges and judicial staff to collaborate in order to engage the administration as a single judiciary. However, Chief Justice Yuoh promised the Liberia National Bar Association that she would work with them to improve the judiciary so that everyone could access justice. On Monday, November 14, 2022, Resident Judge of Criminal Court “C” Judge Blamo Dixon charged the woman, and she responded by making the statement.
Reported by: G. Watson Richards
VP Taylor Encourages Young Girls to start thinking about their future by striving to become Responsible Women.
Minister of Labor Cautions LEC Management to increase employee salaries
Sports World Africa & Europa S.L Executives are expected in Liberia